At GVF our aim is to be 'merely Christian.' While there are a lot of different views within the church on a lot of different and important issues, our desire is to major on what's most important. And what's most important to us, bar none, is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Beliefs that are tried and true
When it comes to what we believe, the last thing we want to be is on the cutting edge or innovative. Our core beliefs reflect the foundational beliefs of the historic Christian church.
1. The Bible is inspired by God and the final authority in faith and life.
2. There is one God who exists in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man.
4. All of humanity is spiritually lost and without hope apart from God's special intervention.
5. The only solution for our spiritually lost state is to be reconciled to God through Jesus Christ, whose death and bodily resurrection make a relationship with God possible.
6. This new relationship with God is a free gift, by grace, and it is offered to all who put their faith in Jesus Christ. It cannot be achieved by good works nor is it given according to race, status, or ability—salvation is through faith alone and by grace alone for all eternity.
7. Jesus Christ will physically return to judge both the living and the dead and to establish his kingdom forever.
If you would like a copy of our full statement of faith, click here.